Breaking News
recent

Suresh Raina speaks out frankly


One of the best finishers of all time, best fielder in the Indian side, very young, enthusiastic fellow is none other than the left handed super star of chennai super kings team Suresh Raina. Before a crucial match against the defending champions Mumbai Indians Raina spoke about his IPL experience and how much important is this tournament for any youngster lets listen to him.


IPL helped me a lot 

God has been very kind. We’ve done really well as a team and fortunately I’ve contributed in all four seasons. I’m really looking forward to the fifth season Every time I get a start, I try to finish the game. We have [Michael] Hussey, [Murali] Vijay and myself batting at one, two and three, which forms a very formidable top order. I’m a positive player by nature and that’s how I’m expected to play.

IPL has taught me how to handle pressure and bat in difficult situations. Recently, in the CB Series, we chased down 321 under 40 overs against Sri Lanka. Virat and I put up 120 runs in nine odd overs. We could do it because of the IPL, where we’re often faced with such situations.I always give my 100 per cent, irrespective of whether I’m wearing the blue jersey or the yellow one. As a professional cricketer, each game is a challenge for me.

The secret behind CSK’s success – in victories and defeats, joy and sorrow. We always help each other out and celebrate each other’s success, which is very important.

MS Dhoni – leader, finisher and friend

Dhoni is a very good leader of men. He knows what to tell each player and gets the best out of him. He always believes in his players. It is that belief which won India the World Cup and took us to the No.1 Test spot.The best thing about Dhoni’s captaincy is that he ensures the environment in the dressing room is always cheerful and positive.

People think MS is very calm under pressure. But being his friend I know that calmness is only a facade. He does a very good job of hiding his emotions. The way he conducts himself in such situations shows the toughness of his character. 

Stephen Fleming is the friendliest, most dashing and disciplined coach I’ve ever had.The best advice that Fleming gave me was, ‘Stay away from the cheerleaders and focus on your game’.

Raina finished this interview with a quote saying -  “Be honest, stay humble, add value to the team”

Do you like this story? LIKE | COMMENT | SHARE 

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.