Breaking News
recent

Ashwin - We will be one up over opponents



The Chennai Super Kings star bowler and Indian Team's Spinning Spear head R Ashwin speaks to the press ahead of the series against Srilanaka. For someone who has been a very successful exponent of carrom ball.

There is nothing like teesra: Ashwin

Ashwin has a very simple take on the number of variations that any off-break bowler can possess."I don't think there's anything like teesra, chautha or paanchwa that exists!

There are two basic deliveries -- one that comes into the batsman and the one that goes away," the 25-year-old said nonchalantly, when asked whether he believes that something like teesra exists as claimed by Pakistan's Saeed Ajmal.

I have never been bothered about comparisons with Harbhajan: Ashwin

"I have never been bothered one bit about comparisons with Harbhajan Singh. I am completely focussed on my job, once I enter the playing arena. Nothing else bothers me.

Leading an attack for your country means a lot of responsibility. You have to perform consistently and keep the flag flying high. It's a challenge that I have always relished. I am looking forward to new season."

I'm taking batting seriously: Ashwin

"Along with my bowling which I always work upon to improve, I am putting in a lot of effort in my batting. I am trying to put all the effort to extend my capacity which will help me contribute in a bigger way for the team's cause."

We will be one up over our other opponents: Ashwin

The Chennai Super Kings star also feels that it will be good homework for the Indian team during this upcoming limited overs series in Sri Lanka ahead of the World Twenty20 Championships in the island nation.

"Obviously, when World T20 starts, we will be one up over our other opponents having got a chance to assess the conditions."

Do you likes this article? Like - Share and post in your cheers for Ashwin.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.