Breaking News
recent

Suresh Raina ties knot with childhood friend Priyanka



Our Player Suresh Raina will be starting a new career in his life as he gets ready to marry at a star-studded function at Delhi's The Leela Palace hotel on Friday. And the cricketer happily reveals that his dream girl Priyanka Chaudhary has been chosen by his mother.

"The best thing is that the match has been decided by my mom," Raina told The Times of India at an event organised by the cricketer's friend to wish him for his married life.

Suresh Raina and Priyanka, the bride and groom Priyanka, Suresh Raina's bride,has completed her BTech Krishna Institute of Engineering and Technology (KIET), Ghaziabad. She is the youngest daughter of her parents. They are basically from Baraut, UP. However, the family currently is based in Meerut.

How Suresh met Priyanka


Raina said he and Priyanka are childhood friends but haven't stayed in touch often. "I have known Priyanka for long, but in the middle, I didn't have time to be in touch with her. I remember meeting her at the airport for five minutes in 2008. She was flying back to Holland (where she currently works) and I was going to Bangalore for an IPL game, and we met at the Delhi airport for just five minutes. Usse pehle main usse bachpan mein mila tha (before that we met during our childhood).

"Priyanka's father was my sports teacher in Ghaziabad and my mom was very close to her mother. I'll call it more of an arranged marriage because our families have known each other for a long time," he said.

How the marriage got fixed



"I was in Australia for the last five months. Mamma ne sab fix kiya hai (mom took all the decisions)," Raina told TOI. I didn't know. Mom called me in Australia and told me that my marriage has been fixed with one of my childhood friends. Maine kaha kaun hai (I asked who is the girl).

Then I spoke to Priyanka on the phone. Before the World Cup, I had told some of my team-mates about my wedding after my mom told me that everything had been finalised.

Marriage and a cricketer's life


Cricketers ki life bahut hectic hoti hai (life of a cricketer is very hectict) because there is so much of travelling involved," he said. "I met Priyanka recently after the World Cup for just half an hour."

Back to work after marriage and then honeymoon

"I want her to focus on her career. We won't get much time together, so I will be going to Holland later. For the honeymoon, we are planning to go to Milan after the IPL," Raina revealed.

Priyanka loves football, not cricket

"She doesn't know much about cricket. She is a great soccer fan. She is a huge fan of Messi and Robin van Persie. She loves me for what I am and not because I am a cricketer. She is a very nice girl and I love her," he told us.

The wedding attire

"My designer has given me a sherwani and there is a lehenga that will be worn by Priyanka for the wedding. I am excited. It was very important that it (marriage) happens at this stage.

Some More pics from the last Night Fucntion:









Share your wishes for our Raina below and share this happy news with all...

#RainawedsPriyanka

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.