Breaking News
recent

I Could Never Captain Like MS Dhoni Or Virat Kohli" - Faf's Humble Acknowledgment of Great Leadership

Faf du Plessis, who shared the field with MS Dhoni for several years at Chennai Super Kings, acknowledges the influence of the CSK skipper's captaincy traits on his own game. In an exclusive chat with NDTV, Faf expresses his admiration for Dhoni's leadership skills and the valuable lessons he learned from him. 

Reflecting on his experience playing under influential leaders, including Graeme Smith, Stephen Fleming, and MS Dhoni, Faf considers himself fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn from them. During his early years at CSK, Faf focused on observing and learning from Dhoni's successful captaincy style. 

"I was just observing MS from a distance. I was stealing from my eyes, my years about why he is so successful, what makes him so successful. Even at that stage, one of the most successful international and domestic captains in the world of cricket. It was a privilege to learn from someone like that," Faf shares.

While Faf acknowledges that he has his own unique approach to captaincy and cannot emulate the likes of MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Graeme Smith, or Stephen Fleming, he believes in incorporating valuable aspects from their leadership styles into his own. 

"I think also something that I picked up really early on was the importance of being the leader that you are. I could never captain like MS or Virat or Graeme Smith or Stephen Fleming. I find my own way, but you can look at things and incorporate from other people," Faf reveals. 

One key lesson Faf learned from Dhoni is the significance of maintaining a calm demeanor, just as the former Indian skipper does. "Something that came from MS is how calm he is, and I think that's something that I have shown through my leadership as well. I am always trying to make sure that I am very clear with my players. You give your absolute best and move on. So, I think that will be the biggest one I picked from MS. 

He is called captain cool for a reason. There's no greater guy to learn about being cool than MS Dhoni," Faf concludes.

Faf du Plessis' time with MS Dhoni at Chennai Super Kings has not only enriched his cricketing experience but has also shaped his leadership approach, incorporating valuable insights from one of the game's greatest captains. 

👇 Share your thoughts in the comments below! Have you noticed any aspects of MS Dhoni's captaincy that inspire you? Let us know! 👇

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.