Breaking News
recent

Albie Morkel - Being in CSK feels like home


After an amazing performance in the last match against RCB. The 30 year old all rounder Albie Morkel  just smashed all over the park scoring 28 of just 7 balls sealed the day for the defending champions as they managed to claim a mammoth target of 206 by scoring 40+ runs in the last 2 overs. Albie spoke to the press after that blistering innings said "Being in CSK, always feels like home" - lets listen to his words....

"A lot of other guys move from franchise to franchise every season but for me the change doesn't not help. Once you know what you get from a certain franchise like Super Kings, you feel at home. I think it is a very good thing," Albie said. 

He also praised his own team for being the successful franchise in IPL so far winning 2 trophies out of four. One of the main reasons the team has been successful is that they have retained players. The team owners prepare the side in such a way that all the IPL glamour is taken away and the focus is on cricket - he added.

Albie said he always want to play for SA and cement his place in the days to come.And he is also not worried about the critics flying around his head.He want to focus on one game at a time.

"That sort of stuff does not bother me anymore. Earlier, I would have taken pressure on myself as to why I am not a regular in the team but now I am much more relaxed. I just try to give my best on the field. In my younger days, I would try to win every match but now I have mellowed down,It is every cricketers' dream to play for the country. If it has to happen, it will happen. I am not going to put pressure on myself" he said.

"I am sure they (selectors) are keeping a close watch on my performance. IPL is in world space and every one watches it. It is tough cricket. The next big thing is the Twenty20 World Cup. I have planned my winter in such a way that I am active till the tournament. ", he added.

Do you like this article? LIKE | SHARE | And wish Albie a great career ahead.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.