Breaking News
recent

Dhoni decided to retire in 2013...?


May 1, 2012: Dhoni had said he may retire from Test cricket to be fit to play in the 2015 World Cup. “If I have to see through the 2015 (World Cup), I would have to retire from one of the formats,” he had said. However, Dhoni said he will take a call depending on his fitness.

“By the end of 2013, I have to see where my body stands, whether I can play the 2015 World Cup. If I'm not fit enough, then I will have to make way for youngsters.

Whether Dhoni continue to play ODI?

“If I see I can only play till the end of 2014 in both the formats (ODI and Tests), then I have to give up the ODI format because, I will not be able to play the 2015 World Cup. There is no point in pursuing the ODI career. So, it was more like what is good for everyone.”

Dhoni added: “You want an experienced ’keeper because it is a very important slot. Wicketkeeper is always half-captain in the sense he does all the field settings and briefs the captain as to what is happening from the batsmen’s side."

Is he retiring right now?

“It is not like I am retiring right now or I will have to retire in 2013. There are still one-and-half years. Nobody knows, a major injury can happen and I won't be able to play cricket.”

Courtesy - Hindustan Times

Share and what is your say on this?

4 comments:

  1. fake post........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who said, it is true!- came in Newspapers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DHONI SHOULD PLAY FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS..MEDIA PEOPLE PLEASE LEAVE HIM ALONE..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.